Desde Dentro de Cuba.
Distribuido por Cuba Free Press, Inc. - http://www.cubafreepress.org
10 de Marzo del 2000
UNUSUAL AND ALARMING ACTS IN VILLA CLARA. By Juan Antonio Soto, Cuba Free Press.
General Carillo, Remedios.- Just about every kind of infamous and scandalous action occurred in this town of Villa Clara province during the night of Feb. 15:
1) At the social club, the painting of Camilo Cienfuegos, the hero of Yaguajay during the 1959 revolution was smashed.
2) A statue at the social club of national apostle Jose Marti was marred by scratching it and gouging the eyes.
3) Someone defecated in the middle of the social club's main room and used the national colors as toilet paper.
4) On the outskirts of the town more than 300 tons of sugar cane were burned.
4) Near the town cemetery six bulls were killed. Whereabouts of the meat is not known.
Agents of the Ministry of the Interior and the Office of State Security (OSS) swarmed into town the next day and were deployed in the hunt for clues for more than 48 hours.
The public has expressed some alarm about the situation, not knowing whether the agents made any arrests or plan any or what.
Juan Antonio Soto, Cuba Free Press.
CUBA FREE PRESS, INC.
P.O. Box 652035
Miami, FL 33265-2035
Phone: (305)270 8779 -- Fax: (305)595 1883
Copyright © 1999 - Cuba Free Press, Inc.